Building Confidence in Your Not for Profit and Charity Finances
We enjoy being a part of our community and wanted the opportunity to help Not for Profits and Charities servicing our area. We have heard a lot of people in these organisations find it challenging to get their accounts in order prior to applying for funding.
So what better way to help, than to share our knowledge through a FREE seminar, Building Confidence in Your Not for Profit and Charity Finances.
Our presentation will include:
- The role of the Treasurer
- Not for Profit finances 101
- Benefits and obligations of Registered Charities
- Changes to financial reporting standards for Registered Charities
- What is the difference between an audit and a review?
- How to prepare your accounts for audit (and potentially save $$$)
EVENT WAS HELD 26 SEPTEMBER 2018
Useful Information and Links
Donation receipt(s) must contain:
- the name of the donor(s)
- the amount and date of the donation
- a clear statement that it is a donation
- a clear statement at the top of the page if the donation is a payroll giving donation
- the signature of an authorised person, and
- an official stamp with the name of the approved donee organisation
- the word “copy" or “replacement" should be clearly shown on any replacement receipt
- we also recommend the registered charity or incorporated society registration number
Sign up for newsletters from the Charities Services - www.charities.govt.nz/news-and-events/newsletters
Read the new reporting standards for Charities information - www.charities.govt.nz/new-reporting-standards
Lunchtime Webinar Services from Charities Services including recordings of previous webinars - www.charities.govt.nz/news-and-events/webinars
IRD link for what income is liable for GST and income tax (information about GST on expenses related to this income is at the bottom of the table) - www.ird.govt.nz/non-profit/np-gst
Click here to contact us for an audit quote.